Rabu, 19 November 2008

Posting dari KC Wong - Singapura

Aku dapat email hari ni dari Wong Keng Chun 5E2 untuk posting dalam blog. Ini cerita dia:-

Said has been bugging me to drop a note , so I gather since gue malas utk ceritain kisah "since you left SMSJ what happened?" gue bikin kontribusi la. I graduated from University Malaya where I used to meet the likes of Ragu, Viji, Boo, Syamsul and the late Aziz Misran in campus. Completed my MBA in Brisbane, Australia. I got into the financial services sector, started work in KL in 1984 but left Malaysia in 1989 to join a Venture Capital firm in Hong Kong. I have worked as an expatriate in Papua New Guinea, Hong Kong, Fiji , Sydney, Singapore, Jakarta in that order since. In those various countries I managed and ran merchant banking ; creditcards, leasing, factoring and insurance businesses, some of these businesses were then sold to companies like ANZ Bank, Commonwealth Bank, FAI etc as most VCs would. I have been based in S'pore for the past two years where I am now the Business Development Director with Swiss Life Private Placement , a wealth management outfit for High Net Worth Individuals and part of the giant Swiss Life Holdings, a fortune 500, headquartered in Zurich. Nevertheless, I do maintain a home in KL as well.
My Bahasa M'sia is pretty rusty now as Said would testify kerana udah tujuh tahun gue di Indonesia berkarier di sana dulu sebagai President Direktur Great Eastern Life Indonesia. Omong dan ngobrolnya total dlm Bahasa Indonesia , gado2 lah dikit dengan bahasa sunda and jawa ni. Sekiranya waktu ketemu teman2 mungkin cara omongnya beda ya, sori aje . Gue yakin reunion dinnernya sukses nanti, pasti semua terpukau dengan penyelenggaraan Pak Said dan geng.
I think it will be terrific to be able to turn back the chapters of our lives and meet the people associated with our journey thus far. To be honest, I have not been back to Kluang since I left, more 30 years ago and I probably would have forgotten some of my mates' names. My reflections of SMSJ are still that of JKR quarters, rivertex estate etc . I am sure things have changed and moved on, just like all of us. Look forward to meet you guys.

pic- noorsham, me, said and mrs at my place in Bukit Jalil Golf & Country Resort, KL.


4 ulasan:

kembara kelana berkata...

brother kc wong,
aiya..lama tak jumpa ma..wa satu bilik dengan lu dulu ma..sama ragu lagi..semoga kita dapat jumpa pada 1312 nanti.
YB Said
Kau pemangkin kecemerlangan.

Kawan dari jauh pun sanggup datang, macamana kawan yang dekat dekat? Yang jauh kita dekatkan yang dekat janganlah lari...kita mesra mesrakanlah..

Azida berkata...

Salam. TQ YB untuk berita dari wong tu. He still looks the same. Tak jauh rumahnya dari rumah aku rupanya sebab ada masanya aku gi juga jogging kat bukit jalil tu.....

sha'ri berkata...

Wong,
you look the same as before. Hopefully we will meet on 13 Dec. I still remember very well your football skills... last man.. sweeper... take care

kingsgate berkata...

sha'ri ,look forward to meet with you too. I remember your speedy runs down the wing too, our winger - against Thor Institute one goal from you and one from me..trivial stuff at one stage of our lives, priceless at another.